Happy Birthday, Mauritia!
Quote of the Day: “Resolved, that I will take each precious minute, and relish all the joy within it.” Kathleen Rice
One day in my blog, I wrote about things in my life I would have done differently or better so I’ve been thinking of, with gratitude, events in my life that I did dare to do and it’s made all the difference in the world.
My Top 20 Dares:
1. Moved in with my Dad and Stepmom at age 12
2. Said no to friends who wanted to buy marijuana in junior high, that was the end of the friendship
3. Tried out for cheerleader, # 37, last one to perform due to last name- Young
4. Traveled to Germany at 17 as exchange student, lived with wonderful German family
5. Stopped dating high school boyfriend when he gave up college education for a car
6. Graduated at 22 in English with teaching certificate, started working at Riverview Jr. High one week later
7. Accepted date with a guy named Joe, not too coordinated on a surfboard, I thought was not my type, turned out to be single greatest decision of my life
8. Started having children at age 23, happiest decision of my life
9. Started playing tennis with group at Sportmall- novice player
10. Knocked on Linda Dunn’s door in desperation seeking fun neighbor families
11. Traveled to Colter Bay with 4-Season Friends despite the forecast for stormy weather, 1985 first time, our family has gone up almost every year since, I think we missed once but we made up for it by going twice the summer Taylor was born
12. Decided against sex selection implanting at “U” after Michael
13. Left brand new home in Millcreek and returned to Mt. Olympus, bought home on 3502 East Oaks with huge backyard, playground for boys!
14. Called Susie Beaudoin to start running, met on her corner every morning, 6 days a week, at 6:00 A.M.
15. Started teaching Service Learning, Community of Caring, at Skyline, mentored by Linda
16. Lined up at the starting line of 27 marathons, some not so very prepared
17. Sent 4 boys on missions at 19 entrusting them to the Lord
18. January, 2011, went in for routine mammogram, even though it had been just shortly past one year, after prompting by insightful P.A.
19. Got up every morning during chemo to walk 5.1 miles
20. Trusting in scripture in the Book of Mormon that my Grandpa Owen Reynolds challenged me to memorize at 8 for a quarter that says: “Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings and he will direct thee for good…” Alma 37:37
Maggie and I riding the TRAX train to see Christmas Lights on Temple Square