Wednesday, July 16, 2014


This is what the sun looked like this morning.  I was playing tennis and we all stopped in amazement to this very beautiful but very red sun!

I have been a nervous wreck waiting for this MRI to come. I try to tell myself not to worry but it’s no use. I figure about 99.9% of my day is spent worrying regarding if they would find a spot in my brain and then what. Every morning that I wake up, first thought that comes to my mind is about cancer but every now and then I will get involved in something else and I’ll think wow I got a little break from thinking about my situation. Joe and I arrived at the hospital at 8:45 A.M. and then I got prepped to have the MRI. I really couldn’t remember the particulars about having an MRI (I’ve had three others) until I got on the bed and looked at the picture of the flowers above me. Funny how selective the memory can be sometimes. I decided to try to deal with the closed space of the MRI without any drugs and I’m so glad that I did.  It really wasn’t bad. I was in the large machine today and it is open on both ends! No problem- I was fine. It helped to have such a kind, handsome radiation tech helping me. After finishing the MRI, I felt very calm. Joe and I then went to the doctor’s office where he could review my results. He showed us the picture of my brain and compared it to the MRI I had in February and April. It looked great and surprising to me that the hole that was there, post surgery, in February and in April was now closed in with brain and looked like a normal brain. I was proud of my brain and very very grateful and happy. We texted our family and friends and let them know. Immediately a flood of texts came back from well-wishers. Joe and I decided to go shopping and to lunch. Usually, Joe is in a hurry to get back to work but today was different. He insisted that we take our time and enjoy this morning of relief and happiness.

It is not lost on me that I am so fortunate to have such an amazing family. I am so blessed. Last night, Mary had everyone over for a prayer circle and then Joe with all my boys gave me an incredible blessing that I would be comforted, that the MRI would show all aspects of my brain and that I would see great results from the test. Joe and all my boys stood in a circle, with their hands on my head and administered the blessing. It was powerful and comforting. My boys that are married have such incredible wives. I love being with all of them. And then Maggie got a necklace with a huge “jewel” and said that it was for me. She said that she wanted me to have it and that it was a “magical amulet”. So I wore it today and after it worked it magic, I returned it to Maggie. Mary asked Maggie if she thought the amulet had worked and she said “No, it was the prayer that worked.”

Maggie (she applied her own lipstick) and I will the amulet necklace!  Pic 2  Leaving the Cancer Center with great news



Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

, , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply